Are you panicking too? Please tell me I’m not the only one.
Let’s tame this back to school madness by creating a plan.
1. Create a list of what needs to be done.
Off the top of my head, here’s a list of what I need to do:
- Get the kids to finish their summer reading.
- Get haircuts.
- Shop for school supplies.
- Shop for uniforms and shoes.
- Does anyone need an immunization booster?
- Complete enrollment paperwork.
Now, spend the next five minutes creating your list. There may be more things, but let’s work with what we have for now.
2. Schedule the tasks.
Next, pull out the calendar so you can see the next two weeks. On the first available day, schedule all the appointments you need to make. Then, get the school supply and uniform lists. Schedule another day to do the shopping. If you’re like me and can’t handle shopping all day, break up the shopping over several days. Maybe do school supplies one day and uniforms a couple days later.
3. Cross things off your list and celebrate as you complete them.
It’s a great feeling when you’re getting things done.
Don’t forget to save some days to get some last-minute fun in before the frenzy of the school year begins. Once school starts, it’s a blur until Christmas, am I right?
I want to know, what’s on your list and when do your kids go back to school?
Photo credit: Vecteezy.com